What is a Parent Coalition?
All children deserve a Great Start -- and YOU can help! Parents are their child's first and most important teacher and provide a valuable perspective about early childhood needs. A Parent Coalition offers parents a chance to have a voice in a "grassroots" effort to advocate for their children and on behalf of all children.
As a member of the Parent Coalition, your work may include:
- Building public support for early childhood
- Receiving advocacy and leadership training to serve on local community boards and committees to promote services for children birth - 8 yrs.
- Having fun and making a difference for children and families
- Educating policy-makers on the importance of investing in the first five years of life
- Meeting new people and developing lasting friendships
- Helping to support the purpose of the Great Start Collaborative
- Sharing information and participating in decision-making processes related to early childhood services
The Calhoun Great Start Parent Coalition is open to all parents and caregivers of children ages birth to 12 in Calhoun County. Our members are committed to ensuring a GREAT START for every child!
Contact Zoe Brainard, Calhoun Great Start Parent Liaison, for more information! (269)660-1606 ext. 6144
- Please click on the EVENTS CALENDAR for upcoming Parent Coalition meeting dates